A family favourite that will go down a treat with all ages. This Teriyaki Marinated Chicken recipe served with pickled vegetables and an Asian broth is just perfect for an evening meal.
Crisp, acidic White wines will match, but, a soft, low-tannin light red wine such as the Beaujolais-villages from Quinson will compliment perfectly with this flavoursome dish.
Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Breast with Pickled Vegetables
- Fresh Chicken Breasts skinless and boneless 37128U4
- Teriyaki sauce 42026U6Tbsp
- Large red onion 422091
- Carrots 701332
- Courgettes 550222
- Black peppercorns H56
- Vegetable Oil for Frying 90023U
- Sesame oil 73027
- Major Pan Asian Chicken Broth Base 66005
- White Wine vinegar 25137
- Small Bunch fresh coriander 43170Roughly Chopped
- 1 Lime 73023Cut into wedges
- 1.Place the chicken into a bowl and add the Teriyaki sauce.
- 2.Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours if you can or for at least 30 mins.
- 3.For the pickled veg peel and slice the onion into a container.
- 4.Top and tail the courgettes and using a veg peeler peel neat strips into the container with the onion.
- 5.Peel the carrots then top and tail, again using the veg peeler peel neat strips into your container.
- 6.Add the vinegar, enough to cover the vegetables, add 1 tsp black peppercorns.
- 7.Leave to marinate for a long as you can or until the vegetables soften.
- 8.Pre heat oven to 200c or Gas mark 6.
- 9.Heat up a heavy based frying pan with veg oil and 1 tsp sesame oil.
- 10.Once the oil is hot place chicken breast top down and cook on each side until golden brown.
- 11.Once coloured place onto a baking tray and cook for 20 mins ensuring each breast is thoroughly cooked.
- 12.Make the broth by mixing 50g or 2 heaped dessert spoons of broth paste into 1 litre of boiling water, whisk to dissolve and leave for 1 minute.
- 13.To serve place pickled Vegetables into a bowl, once chicken is cooked cut into neat slices and place onto vegetables.
- 14.Pour over the broth onto chicken and vegetables.
- 15.Garnish with chopped coriander and fresh lime wedges.