An all-time classic meal.
Butchers sausages on buttery mash, red onion marmalade and red wine jus.
A hearty red wine compliments classic pork sausages. A nice Cotes du Rhone Rouge is a good bet with its mix of soft, juicy Bramble and Spice flavours. It copes beautifully with the addition of a smooth gravy.
Enticing Sausages and Mash - A real winter warmer!
- Butchers Sausages 5719712
- Vegetable oil 90023U1
- McCain Frozen Simply Mash Potato 05181U700g
- Knorr Red Wine Sauce 33006400ml
- Scarlett & Mustard Red Onion Marmalade SC448tbsp
- Fresh rosemary to garnish 772194 Sprigs
- 1.Heat a pan with some oil and gently colour the sausages until nice and brown turning every 2 minutes and cook for about 12 minutes.
- 2.Meanwhile heat the mash according to the instructions adding cream and butter according to taste.
- 3.In a pan gently heat the red wine sauce, whisking in a knob of butter to give the sauce a nice shine.
- 4.Either in a pan or microwave heat the onion marmalade until hot.
- 5.To serve place the mash in the centre of the plate and arrange the sausages neatly on top of the mash.
- 6.Place the onion marmalade on top of the sausages then pour over the red wine sauce.
- 7.Garnish with the sprigs of rosemary.