Lemon tarts are a favourite dessert amongst many. Try these mouth-watering delights finished with raspberry compote and ice cream.
The important flavour matches here for any wine are the zesty, acidic flavours of the lemon allied to the sweetness of the added sugar. Our choice is the Orange Muscat & Flora White Wine which has ample delicious fruit flavours and sweetness with an undercut of acidity.
Tasty Lemon Tarts for all to enjoy.
- Pidy Sweet All-butter Straight Sided Tart Case 11cm FA02468
- Large eggs 350154
- Fresh Double Cream 83210100ml
- Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar 60006150g
- Lemon 662133
- Opies Raspberry Compote 231598 Tbsp
- Kellys Cornish Vanilla Ice Cream 002261/2 scoops
- Callebaut Chocolate pencil FA0043For decoration
- Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar 92158UFor dusting
- 1.Pre-heat oven to 170c/150c fan or Gas mark 3.
- 2.For the filling, break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together with a wire whisk.
- 3.Add the rest of the filling ingredients (double cream, caster sugar and lemons) and whisk until they are combined.
- 4.Place baked tarts onto a baking sheet.
- 5.Pour the mixture into a jug and then into the baked pastry cases.
- 6.To prevent spilling as they go into the oven, pour mixture so it almost fills the tarts. Carefully sit the baking sheet and tarts onto oven shelf and top up with more filling.
- 7.Bake for approx. 7 minutes or until just set with a slight wobble in the centre.
- 8.Leave to cool.
- 9.To plate, place the tart towards the edge of plate. Add raspberry compote to side of tart and place one scoop of ice- cream on top of tart or in a separate ramekin.
- 10.Finish with chocolate pencil and dust with icing sugar.