Create this delicious warming treat. This recipe is suitable for a range of Foodservice channels
Romney Marsh Lamb Rump, Pommes Puree, Samphire and Anchovies with Red wine Jus
- 15 mins
- 1 hr 15
- 160 grm Lamb Rumps, square cut10
- Samphire230 grm
- Butter200 grm
- Potatoes1 kg
- Cream100 ml
- Shallots round10
- Essential cuisine Premier Red wine Jus60 grms
- 1.Season the Lamb rumps , seal in a hot frying pan and roast in the oven at 180 for approx. 15 mins
- 2.Place the potatoes in a large pan of salted boiling water, cook for 25 minutes until tender, drain. Warm through the cream and butter to melt. Mash the potatoes, the gradually add the cream and butter to get a smooth pommes puree.
- 3.Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the shallots cut side down. Leave until they are nicely charred
- 4.Blanch the samphire in boiling salted water. Then remove onto a lined tray. Keep warm.
- 5.Once the lamb rumps are ready, let them rest for at least 5 mins before cutting.
- 6.Mix 60 grms of Premier Red wine jus with warm water, whisk in and heat until it thickens.
- 7.Plate the dish and serve.