The very first Stir It Up Foodservice Trend Guide is here and hot off the press! We are excited to share this fantastic tool to educate how changes within our wider environment, directly and indirectly, impacts the foodservice marketplaces.
The demand for insight into consumer and generational behaviour as well as menu and recipe inspiration has increased year on year and this guide explores a great range of main consumer behaviour, cuisine and food trends affecting the Foodservice industry.
Time has been invested in ensuring the guide is full of real life examples from brands and establishments as well as recipe inspiration to support each of the key trends identified.
The five key trends that have been highlighted as driving significant change are below:
- Eco 2.0 This key trend is focused around us as consumers recognising their individual accountability for our impact on the environment and society.
- The Wellness Kitchen - This section is all about the awareness of the nutritional content and benefits that the food we eat can give to us and our children.
- Experiential Dining – There has been a shift towards the craving and demand for experiences which gives people more to talk about, enhancing the senses and allowing the consumer to have a 360 experience which may or may involve technology.
- Isolation in a Social World - An Eden Project Communities study found that disconnected communities could be costing the economy £32 billion every year. This section covers the impact of key social groups feeling isolated and how caterers across all sectors can work together to improve the sense of community in their local area, increasing their ethical credentials and profits where possible.
- Time Scarcity – We live in a world where everyone seems pressed for time and as a result have seen a huge rise in the demand for convenience. This can be anything from adding self-service soft drink stations or providing hand-held, high quality food to keep students in a university campus happy and fuelled on-the-go.
We hope all our customers find this useful and maximise the opportunities within their business. For more info, click here.