An appetising Sweet Potato Falafel Recipe that is perfect as a starter or as an accompaniment to a main dish.
Sweet Potato Falafel
- Sweet potatoes4
- Country Range Chick Peas, drained and rinsed400g
- Chick Pea Flour2 tbsp
- Country Range Moroccan Seasoning2 tbsp
- Lemon, juice and zest1
- Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil6 tbsp
- Country Range Mayonnaise
- Country Range Flour Tortillas
- 1.Cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave for around 6-7 minutes or until the centre is soft.
- 2.Scoop the potato out and discard the skins.
- 3.Place the potato, chick peas, lemon zest and juice together with the Moroccan Seasoning in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth but with some visible lumps of chick pea.
- 4.Roll the mixture into small balls and coat in the chick pea flour.
- 5.Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry for 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 6.Dry fry the tortilla wrap until browned then mix Moroccan Seasoning through mayonnaise.
- 7.Serve with a fresh salad of chick peas, coriander and tomatoes.