Low in cholesterol and fat, Ostrich is becoming a popular choice to have on the menu when seeking something different. With a fillet steak texture and succulent/tender bite, these steaks really do compete head to head with traditional steaks.
For our current Ostrich Steak prices, click here.
Pan-fried succulent Ostrich Steaks with roasted vine tomatoes, sweet potato fries and Béarnaise Sauce.
- 2 Minutes after marinating
- 8 - 10 Minutes
- Ostrich steaks 180g 015204
- Fresh Thyme 312102 Sprigs
- Garlic Paste 24200U1tsp
- Vine Tomatoes 572184 Bunches
- Balsamic Vinegar 00638U2tbsp
- Béarnaise Sauce 94200U400ml
- Sweet Potato Fries 64139
- Olive Oil 66189
- 1.Marinate the Ostrich steaks in 2 tbsp oil,1 tsp garlic paste and thyme for at least an hour- (the longer the better).
- 2.Heat a frying pan with some oil until smoking hot.
- 3.Place the steaks into the pan carefully and cook for 3-4 mins each side as you would a Beefsteak and cook to your liking but it is best served pink.
- 4.Leave somewhere warm to rest for 10 mins before serving.
- 5.Meanwhile heat another pan with oil and add the vine tomatoes, season then add balsamic and gently cook until soft.
- 6.Deep fry the sweet potato fries as per instructions in hot oil.
- 7.Gently warm the Béarnaise being careful not to boil too much in case it splits.
- 8.To serve, thinly slice the steak and arrange neatly onto your plate.
- 9.Place tomatoes on the side next to steak and either serve fries and Béarnaise separately or onto same plate.
- 10.Garnish with some fresh thyme.