This recipe is suitable for a range of Foodservice channels and ideal for Valentine's dessert menus. Serve with strawberry sauce and fresh chopped strawberries for a burst of flavour.
Vanilla Panacotta with Strawberries
- 2 hours
- 5 mins
- Country Range UHT Dairy Whipping Cream300ml
- Country Range Frozen Strawberries200g
- Full Fat Milk300ml
- Gelatin Leaves3
- Golden Caster Sugar80g
- Vanilla Pod1
- Icing Sugar50g
- Fresh Strawberries (garnish)12
- Strawberry Sauce (garnish)5ml
- 1.Defrost the strawberries and blend with 50g icing sugar and 1/2 lemon juiced, pass through a sieve and keep in the fridge.
- 2.Soak the leaf gelatin in cold water until it is soft.
- 3.Bring the cream and milk to the boil with the scraped vanilla pod and seeds then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4.Add the gelatin leaves and stir until dissolved.
- 5.Place the pan in a bowl with iced water and cool, stir every 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and the vanilla suspends in the mix rather than sinking to the bottom.
- 6.Pour into the six moulds and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7.Once it is fully set but still wobbles, place the mould in hot water for 10 seconds, tip it upside down and shake it out on-to your clean palm.
- 8.Place in your bowl and serve with strawberry sauce and some chopped fresh strawberries.