A sweet treat for your vegan menus. These Portuguese Custard tarts are perfect for plant based menus that can be eaten with a coffee or as a grab and go snack offering.
Vegan Portuguese Tarts
- 15 mins
- 15 mins
- Country Range Custard Powder2 tbsp
- Country Range Frozen Raspberries120g
- Country Range Ground Cinnamon½ tsp
- Vegan Ready Roll Puff Pastry1 Pack
- Small Orange zest and juice1
- Hazelnut Milk425ml
- Icing sugar (dusting)1tbsp
- 1.Pre-heat oven to 200˚C fan.
- 2.Dust the sheet of puff pastry with icing sugar.
- 3.Roll the pastry into a tight sausage shape and cut into 12 even sized disks.
- 4.Place each disk into a greased muffin tin and press up the sides to form a cup.
- 5.Add 2 raspberries to each cup and then place the pastry in the fridge to cool.
- 6.Heat up the 400ml hazelnut milk with the scraped vanilla pod.
- 7.In a bowl mix the custard powder, scraped vanilla, cinnamon, caster sugar, orange zest, juice and 25ml hazelnut milk and whisk to form a paste.
- 8.Once the milk is hot pour over the custard mix and then return all the mix back to the pan.
- 9.Once it thickens allow to cool.
- 10.Fill each pastry cup with the custard mix, dust with icing and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pastry is cooked.
- 11.Dust with more icing and serve.