Happy New Year! Welcome to the January issue of Stir it up Magazine.
We’re delighted to bring you a bumper edition this month bursting with advice, insight and inspiration around Veganuary. Now an established event, Veganuary presents a fantastic opportunity to change up your menus, introduce new dishes and capitalise on the growing vegan trend.
- The Category Focus in this issue is The Age of the Plant-Based Revolution, an in-depth look at the vegan food category. Previously associated with bland, lacklustre meals with little or no variety, this category has been transformed over the years. In particular, in the last 12 months more vegan food has come to market than ever before. See pages 14 & 15
- The Melting Pot on pages 26 & 27 looks at the Veganuary Effect with some great opinions from key industry experts on how to develop vegan successful menus
- Our Leading Lights contributor this month is Ben Ebbrell, on pages 34 & 35. Ben is a chef and co-founder of online food community SORTEDfood. Regularly hitting 300,000+views in a day on their YouTube channel, SORTEDfood has recently launched a meal-planning app. Ben shares his secrets with Stir It Up plus a delicious recipe
- Stir It Up's new Rising Star feature shines a light on the catering stars of the future. This issue we catch up with Tes Ryu, a sushi chef at Michelin-starred vegan restaurant 123V
- Our Education piece on page 17 focuses on how menus containing brain-boosting foods are helping students at the world-famous Gordonstoun School, near Elgin, northern Scotland to excel in their work, exams and sport
- In addition to all of this, Stir It Up includes customer features, for example Nutri Bar on page 7. We also share ideas for some key calendar events on the horizon such as Valentine's Day and Pancake Day in this issue
We hope you enjoy our first issue of 2022. If you would like to get involved drop an email to [email protected]